117. after engine problems in the car we were intending to drive back to england in, we had to fly back for a family wedding. We arranged for our beautiful five year old golden retreiver to travel back in a pet taxi.
Ithey advertised air conditioned travel and pet friendly hotels. He died of heat stroke somewhere in France. Nothing could replace our beautiful boy but I want to make sure that no one has to go through the pain that we are going through. How can we do this .
We live in la maraina, elviria part of the year. - nancy holdswort 03 - 07 - 2009
115. After 15 years at frequenting Torremolinos in Southern Spain I would like to report some cheating and dogy dealings from a couple of bar landlords. The 'cheating stealth' happened in front of my very eyes.
I should very much like to expose these unscrupulous, extremely 'dogy'characters in the 'Sur in English'.
This is to save unwitting people from lining their pockets with more 'ill-gotten' gains.
Please advise how ??? - F. Dale 27 - 06 - 2009
106. I have read in 2 Spanish newspapers printed in Spain in English that the Patrimonia Property Wealth Tax is no longer payable for non-residents.
Can you cofirm that this is correct? I have owned an apartment in Spain for the last 30years but have never received any income from it.
What is my tax situation? - David Thomas 22 - 05 - 2009
105. In Torremolinos I was pushed into buying a raffle ticket but did so willingly as the landlord had been fairly okay with me, and others, allowing us to have small 'tabs' which could be paid up on the next visit.
His mate, a neighbouring landlord, appeared out of the blue and drew the winning ticket which was of course the owner's who was supposedly running the lottery.
My ticket for one euro was 986 - does this mean that there were 1,000 tickets sold at one euro each ??? That's a lot of money to steal.
On a bundle of tickets there was one, right in the middle, right at the very top PLACED sticking ot like a sore thumb so even Stevie Wonder would have picked it. It was drawn ever so quietly and underhandedly at half-time between the Everton versus Man Yoo semi-final. A fitting time when most would have had so much drik they wouldn't, or couldn't be bothered (?)
Can I do anything or do I have to put it down to 'one of those things and spend my spondoolics elsewhere.
- Fred Dale 21 - 05 - 2009
85. My business operates in the UK and I am a UK citizen can I extend my business to Spain although I will not be resident here. Do I need anNIE?
Can I open a Bank a/c in Spain? - Elizabeth Anne 09 - 02 - 2009